Last Modified: May 1. 2021
Accessing the Websites and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend information or content on our Websites, and any service or material we provide on the Websites, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of our Websites is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for both:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Websites.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this Website or portions of it using your user name, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Websites and their entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by the Company, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Websites or any services or materials available through the Websites.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Websites other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: [email protected]
The Company name, the Company logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on our Websites are the trademarks of their respective owners.
The content on our Websites is protected by copyright. We retain all intellectual property rights in and to information and images depicted on our Websites. Copyrights and other proprietary rights in the content may be held by us in addition to individuals and organizations other than the Rehs Galleries, Inc. You agree not to modify, obscure, or remove any copyright notices or other attribution included in the Websites and not to authorize others to do so. These copyright notices include the copyright symbol (“©”), which may appear on such content located on our Websites. You further agree to comply with applicable copyright laws, regardless of jurisdiction.
Prohibited Uses; Non-Commercial Use Only
You agree not to use the Websites:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation;
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Websites, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or expose it to liability;
- To use the Websites in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Websites or interfere with any other party's use of the Websites, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Websites;
- To use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Websites for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Websites.
- To use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Websites or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent;
- To use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Websites;
- To introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- To attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Websites, the server on which the Site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Websites.
- To attack the Websites via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack;
- To promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- To spread material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable;
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- To otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Websites.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through our Websites is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Websites, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Our Websites may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers, and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
We may update the content on out Websites from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on our Websites may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Information About You and Your Visits to the Website
All purchases through our Websites or resulting from visits made by you, are processed by PayPal. By making a payment on our Websites, you agree to PayPal’s Terms of Service (https://www.paypal.com/va/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full). By providing PayPal with your payment information, you agree that Rehs Galleries, Inc. is authorized to invoice you for fees and charges due and payable and that no additional notice or consent is required. We reserve the right at any time to change our billing methods.
Linking to the Websites and Social Media Features
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part.
Our Websites may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on our Websites.
- Send emails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on our Websites.
- Cause limited portions of content on our Websites to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us and solely with respect to the content they are displayed with. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Cause the Websites or portions of them to be displayed on, or appear to be displayed by, any other site, for example, framing, deep linking, or in-line linking.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to stop. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
Links from the Websites
If the Websites contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to our Websites, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
The owner of the Websites is based in the State of New York in the United States. We provide these Websites for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Websites or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Websites may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Websites from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Websites will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON THE WEBSITES, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO THE WEBSITES.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITES, THEIR CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITES, THEIR CONTENTS, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITES, THEIR CONTENTS, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR WEBSITES OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE WEBSITES AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITES, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THEM, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITES OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
Our Websites are operated by Rehs Galleries, Inc., 5 East 57th Street, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10022.
All feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Websites should be directed to: [email protected]
Last modified: May 1, 2021
Rehs Galleries, Inc. ("Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website at https://www.rehs.com/ or our online catalog raisonné at www.juliendupre.org, www.antoineblanchard.org, www.emilemunier.org, www.ridgwayknight.org (our "Websites") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Websites.
- In email, text and other electronic messages between you and our Websites.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from our Websites.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Websites, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your occupation, business or status, including but not limited to art dealer, museum personnel or student and/or;
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through our Websites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Websites may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to view one of our online catalogue or requesting further services from us.
- Information requested from you if you report a problem with our Websites.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Websites, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Websites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use and Process Your Personal Information
- We may use such information for the following purposes: transactions between the Company and you (i.e., billing and payment for services rendered); administration of the Websites, to personalize, improve and operate our business, to better understand your needs and interests; to better process your requests and answer your inquiries (or otherwise communicate with you); for marketing purposes; to provide you with information and offers from us or third parties; to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes with users and enforce our agreements; to protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized or illegal activity and matters incidental to the purposes of the uses set out above, and other legitimate and lawful purposes, where permitted by applicable local law.
- We do not sell or rent your personal information.
- We do not share your personal information with any third parties that intend to use your personal information for targeted advertising.
- We do not store or retain your personal information for any longer than is reasonably necessary or required by applicable laws.
Subject to applicable law (for example, if you are located in the European Union with rights under the General Data Protection Regulation), you may have one or more of the following rights with respect to personal information: the right to request access to such information; the right to request correction of such information; the right to request deletion or erasure of such information; the right to request restrictions on our processing or use of such information; the right to object to our use under certain circumstances; the right to withdraw consent under circumstances when consent is required for any use of such information; and the right to obtain such information in portable form.
In certain circumstances in any European Union member state, you may have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our privacy practices with the applicable data protection authority.
To exercise any rights under the GDPR or for further information, please contact us at [email protected]
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restrictions.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
We make reasonable efforts to protect personal information and do not disclose any personal information about our customers to any third party.
We maintain reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to guard your personal information. We restrict access to personal information about our customers to our personnel who need to have the information to provide services to you.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites.
Our Websites may contain links to third party external websites. The Company is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of websites that are not our own. Third-party linked websites are not under the control of the Company and we are not responsible for the contents of any such linked sites, any link contained in such linked sites, or any changes or updates to such sites. We are not responsible for any transmission received from any website that is not our own, including any webcasting or other method of transmission.
Links to third-party websites are provided only as a convenience. We do not endorse any link made available through our Websites that is not our own. We encourage all users of our Websites to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited when linking directly from our Websites or providing personal information to any third-party website.
This Policy applies only to information collected by our Websites.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies).
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Websites, while others allow us to track your activities at our Websites.
- Make our Website work in a more user-friendly way;
- Improve the speed and security of the site; and
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission);
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission);
- Share data with advertising networks or any other third parties.
There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We may use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into our Websites. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We may use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity and to display advertising both on our Site and on third-party sites.
Our Websites contain links to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and other similar social media sites that enable you to “Like” or share the content of our website with other people via social media. When you use these “share” buttons, a third-party cookie is installed. The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The “Help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
These cookies are required for the operation of our Websites. If you do not want these cookies to be set, you should not access or use our website for any purpose.
More Information About Cookies.
For more detailed information about cookies, including how to disable cookies, see www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you have any questions in relation to this policy, please contact us at [email protected]
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Websites are not directed at nor intended for children under 13 years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected]
Rehs Galleries, Inc.
5 East 57th Street – 8th Floor
New York, NY 10022